1. 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑦-𝑡𝑜-𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑠ℎ 𝑣𝑒𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑟𝑒-𝑐𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑢𝑖𝑡. Items that have already been prepared and chopped for you can save you time in the kitchen. Look for items such as bagged salads/leafy greens, fresh slaw, sliced mushrooms, cubed squash, a stir fry mix and many more!
2. 𝐹𝑟𝑜𝑧𝑒𝑛 𝑓𝑟𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑣𝑒𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑠. Perfect for smoothies, soups, side dishes and stir fries. Try frozen kale, spinach, avocado, peas, carrots, beans, cauliflower and broccoli.
3. 𝐶𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑠, 𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑠. These legumes can give your meals a boost of protein, healthy fats and fibre. Just be sure to drain and rinse them before using so the sodium content is reduced.
4. 𝑇𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑜-𝑏𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑝𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑎 𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑐𝑒. This can be used on pizzas, pastas or mixed with curry paste for a twist on a classic dish.
5. 𝐶𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑢𝑛𝑎. These pantry staples make it much easier to grab a source of protein when time is limited. Add these to salad, pasta or mix with ½ mayo and ½ cottage cheese to create a tasty sandwich filling!