These higher protein waffles can be eaten fresh or frozen for a quick breakfast option on days when time is short! These waffles taste delicious topped with fresh berries, Greek yogurt and chopped nuts.
- 1 1/4 cup milk or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray for waffle iron
1. In a blender combine the liquid ingredients first: add the milk, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla
2. Next add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until smooth, about 30 to 60 seconds.
3. Heat a waffle iron and pour 1/2 cup of batter in the center. Close and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 6 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔
𝑷𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈: 195 calories, 8g protein, 34g carbohydrates, 2g fat, 0.5g fibre
Recipe developed by Gina Homolka of Skinnytaste.com